The purpose of this 5-6 page paper is to identify a critical issue that relates to population health and the role of the Advanced Practice Registered Nurse (APRN). Some examples may include improving patient access to Medicare Hospice services, removing barriers to nurse practitioners’ ability to practice, enabling APRNs to participate fully as members of hospital and medical staff. Additional examples are included on the American Association of Nurse Practitioners website.
Other sources for topic identification may include the Gerontological Advanced Practice Nurses Association and/or your local/state chapter of the AANP.
Please use the following as a guide for drafting your 5-6 page paper.
- Introduction (including purpose statement)
- Contextual analysis of the issue
- Provide a brief summary of the historical development of the issue
- Provide a brief summary on the socio-political influences
- Literature Review and Analysis on the selected issue
- Identify at least 2 primary sources that examines the impact of the selected issue
- Provide some recommendations to solve the issue
- Determine how the recommendations may impact the APRN role/setting and practice dimensions