The Research Paper and accompanying PowerPoint slide show presentation should demonstrate an understanding of the readings as well as the implications of new knowledge. The five-to-seven page paper should summarize the research you found about your theme/topic while using the Microsoft Office applications, library databases, and optional Jing or Prezi, to compile all of the text and other objects you decide to include in your paper (charts, clip-art, and other objects). You may choose a topic, but it must be researchable. Be sure to refer to Research Project Milestones in Weeks 1-4.
Your Research Paper will focus on a particular main theme or topic related to today’s and tomorrow’s technologies and their impact on society. Your textbook will serve as a main source of ideas and information to define and explore your theme/topic. In addition, you will utilize Library databases and web resources for research.
· Artificial Intelligence
· Cloud Computing
· Collaborative Applications
· Computer and Web Ethics
· Converging Technologies
· Copyright, Intellectual Property and Innovation
· Digital Divide
· Green Technology
· Mobile Computing
· Open Source Software
· Social Web
· Virtual Reality
The research-based paper should demonstrate your competence to do the following:
· Define the selected theme/topic and build your thesis and supporting materials.
· Conduct research by using the Internet and Library databases to locate, evaluate, and download information from a variety of sources to substantiate your thesis.
· Build a complex document that includes tables, graphs and/or other embedded objects.
· Generate charts using data from an Excel spreadsheet to include in the paper.
· Plan and build a presentation using PowerPoint and/or optional tools to summarize the contents of the paper. Enhance the presentation with objects from the drawing toolbar and multimedia.
· Insert images into documents, spreadsheets and presentations