Primary Task Response: Within the Discussion Board area, write 400–600 words that respond to the following questions with your thoughts, ideas, and comments. This will be the foundation for future discussions by your classmates. Be substantive and clear, and use examples to reinforce your ideas.
An important task for modern operating systems is the ability to communicate and work with other systems. You will discuss your thoughts on the need for network operating systems in this Discussion Board. Provide your thoughts on the following questions:
- Why are networks needed—why not simply use a single machine?
- Is the term client–server out of date even though the concept is still needed?
- How will your organization utilize a client–server environment?
- Will your organization need to only utilize (or standardize on) a single operating system, or will multiple operating systems be needed?
Responses to Other Students: Respond to at least 2 of your fellow classmates with at least a 100-word reply about their Primary Task Response regarding items you found to be compelling and enlightening. To help you with your discussion, please consider the following questions:
- What did you learn from your classmate’s posting?
- What additional questions do you have after reading the posting?
- What clarification do you need regarding the posting?
- What differences or similarities do you see between your posting and other classmates’ postings?
For assistance with your assignment, please use your text, Web resources, and all course materials.